Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external monitor as second desktop

Hello I have a mbp late 2011 and I run os X 10.9.5. I run an external monitor (BenQ T903) beside my macbook and I would love to be able to access the external monitor the way you access a 2nd desktop: by using three fingers and swiping them to the right. Is that possible? I'm looking forward to your comments :-)

Best regards,

Florian

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), BenQ T903 External Monitor

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 4:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2015 3:02 PM in response to florianfrombayern

Hi florianfrombayern,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact behavior you are looking for or describing. For more information on existing Multi-Touch gestures, you may find the information outlined in the following articles helpful:

Mac Basics: Multi-Touch gestures - Apple Support

OS X Mavericks: Learn trackpad and mouse gestures

OS X Mavericks: Change the way your trackpad works

Regards,

- Brenden

Apr 15, 2015 3:32 PM in response to brenden dv

first thanks for your reply. I assumed I didn't describe my wish clearly enough so I might give it a second try. Generally in Mac OS X you can set up several desktops which you can access by swiping three fingers to the right on the trackpad (and back if you want to go back). I have a setup with my macbook internal screen plus an external screen and i would have liked to let my mouse jump to the external screen not by moving it to some pre-defined margin of my internal screen, but by using that three finger swipe to the right which would just let my mouse jump from the internal to the external screen.

Well, i hope that monster of a sentence was comprehensible, if not, just write me back. After all, it might be that what I wish doesn't work anyways. By the way, I did follow your links but couldn't find anything that would help me to adapt my mac trackpad gestures to that behavior (though i might have missed something given the drowsy state that I am in atm *chhr*)

external monitor as second desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.