Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages app looking blurred

HHas anyone else noticed that the pages app on their iPad Air is looking a bit blurry? Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 2:56 PM

32 replies

Apr 12, 2015 5:23 PM in response to stuart912

Are you saying that the app icon looks blurry or that the documents look blurry? In either case, I am not seeing that behavior. Try closing the app completely and reset the iPad.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

In order to reset your iPad, hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

Apr 13, 2015 1:20 PM in response to Demo

Hi. Thanks for the reply

The app icon is fine. It's when you open the app, the edge of all of the lettering is slightly hazed as if there is a poor quality scart lead in a TV (I hope you know what I mean). I've removed the app, then reinstalled it, just the same. pages works and looks perfect on my iphone 6. Also, I emailed mysellf a copy of a document that I typed up on pages, and there was no haze around the lettering, it was perfect.

Apr 15, 2015 1:49 AM in response to stuart912

As a workaround is there a third party app that you could download the Pages doc's into that would be similar to Pages.

Another workaround. There is a Pages app at iCloud.com that you might be able to use. Go to iCloud.com using Safari. Once there tap the URL field. Pull the Favorites panel down and tap request desktop site. Sign into your iClould account. Tap Pages and see if you can access your Pages doc from there.

Apr 15, 2015 11:01 AM in response to bobseufert

Hi Bob (and Stuart)

iCloud and iCloud Drive are not really meant to work on a mobile device. If you identify your browser as a desktop version, you can get into iCloud.com but working on documents can be quite challenging if it's even possible at all. I logged in using iCab Mobile, opened iCloud Drive, then opened Pages, got one document to open, had the keyboard up until I dismissed it, and then I could not get the keyboard to pop up again.

I have read here where some people have success using iCloud on the iPad, but I never have. I think that you can get iCloud email using iCloud.com in a browser on an iPad, but there really is no need to get to the documents in the cloud since all of the documents in iCloud are on your iPad in the first place. There is no need to get your email that way either as long as you are trying to get your own email. Some families like to travel with one iPad and have multiple people that want to be able to all read their email on the device using iCloud.com. From what I have read, it is possible to do that but I don't have iCloud email, so I will have to believe what others have said about it.

I know that you know all of what I am explaining about iCloud and that you were merely suggesting a workaround for Stuart912. I am simply sharing my personal experience trying to work this way. But like I said, there is no need to be in iCloud.com since everything in the cloud is already on the device.

Pages app looking blurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.