Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

I don't get text messages on my I Phone 6+, particularly group messages, when every one else in the group gets the message. I recently updated my IOS to 8.3 and the rest of the group with I phones have not updated to 8.3. Would that be the reason why I don't get group messages any more?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 3:20 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2015 2:42 PM in response to iambackbaby

Hi iambackbaby,

If you are unable to receive group messages, try the troubleshooting steps in the article below:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-qa/HT204065

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage, Send as SMS, or MMS Messaging is turned on (whichever method you're trying to use). Learn about the different types of messages you can send.

User uploaded file

Turn iMessage off and back on

Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off, then back on.

Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
  4. Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.

Contact your carrier

If you can't send or receive SMS or MMS messages, contact your carrier to check your text messaging plan.

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.