Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new photos app (replacing iPhoto) not syncing properly

Since installing the new OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 to iMac and ISO 8.3 to iPhone 5s and iPad3, not all of my photo albums and photos in various albums are syncing..... any hints?? I also installed the latest iTunes 12.1.2.27 too ! I have rebooted all devices too....

Thanks Schooner

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 3.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 5:59 PM

53 replies

Jul 19, 2017 6:57 PM in response to Schoonmaker3

In my case the iPhone didn't even appear in the Photos App. The solution was as follows:

* I backed up my iPhone in iTunes, then archived the backup (iTunes > Preferences > Devices ..)

* I Quit iTunes

* I went to the System Preferences > iCloud > Options > and turned all the various iCloud settings for Photos off

* I went to the System Preferences > iCloud > and turned the iCloud support for Photos off

* I went to the Library folder in Finder and located the nsurlsessiond folder via search

* I copied the folder to a backup folder, just in case

* I deleted the nsurlsessiond folder

* Optional: restart OSX (I didn't do this, but the instructions I followed recommended this)

* I opened Photos App on my Mac

* YAY - my iPhone now appears

It is based on another solution here for a slightly different sync issue: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/260062/epubs-from-ibooks-not-showing-u p-in-itunes-on-mac-os-x-sierra/291423#291423

Apr 12, 2015 6:15 PM in response to Schoonmaker3

If you're using iCloud Photo Library, then be sure you're using it on all devices (Mac and iPhone).

If you are not using iCloud Photo Library, then when your iPhone is plugged in to iTunes, click on the iPhone's Photos tab in iTunes and select the correct sync criteria (including the top line saying to sync to the Photos app).

Apr 12, 2015 6:48 PM in response to sberman

I have selected the new photos app, selected albums, include videos, and the particular albums I wanted, which was the same that I did before the upgrades. It syncs about half the photos (random amounts in each album), and all but a couple of the albums...... It also sits in "waiting for sync to start" for much longer than normal....

Thanks Schooner

Apr 19, 2015 5:02 PM in response to Schoonmaker3

Same issue here. Photos taken on my iPhone show up on my iPad and vice versa, but nothing new shows up in Photos on my Mac. It’s perpetually stuck “preparing items”, ostensibly for syncing to the cloud, but it never seems to get unstuck. I think it worked for about a day after uploading my 53,000 photos, but as soon as I deleted some of my now redundant date-organized “iPhoto” albums it got stuck again in syncing (apparently trying to sync every single photo AGAIN) and hasn’t worked since. I would prefer to use Apple software, but I’m about to declare defeat.

Apr 20, 2015 5:34 PM in response to Luekutus

Same issue here as well. When I log into iCloud.com I can see that all of my photos from my iPhone have uploaded to iCloud. When I launch Photos on my Mac all of my photos are there except for those that I've taken in the last 10 days (since switching from iPhoto). At the bottom of the Photos window it says uploading 21, 293 items. It's been saying that exact number for the past week. I have a total of about 18,000 photos so not even sure where the 21,293 is even coming from. Photos appears to be hung up. Rebooting the Mac has no effect.

Apr 23, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Schoonmaker3

I'm also having this issue. When I plug my phone into my computer, it lets me import photos from my phone like I used to be able to do. But when I go to iTunes and sync it, it doesn't show up in the album I put it in. It also doesn't show in my "last imported" album. The only work around I have found to fix this is to delete all the photos off my phone and resync them. It works, eventually. Usually I have to sync it a few times and unplug and replug my phone in as it freezes. Please fix!!!!

Apr 28, 2015 12:46 PM in response to Schoonmaker3

28 April 2015: Hi, I had issues just like you but managed to work around it by connecting my iPhone 5 into my iMac USB with standard connector. If you run your new iMac Photos you should then see an Import tab for your iPhone either on the top or left hand side that lets you import any new photos in that way.

REMEMBER if you want to sync via wifi the conditions are you must be on the same network for iMac and iPhone AND be plugged into power source to SYNC. Hope that help it did for me. Good luck...

new photos app (replacing iPhoto) not syncing properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.