Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please let me try this from the beginning. I was reinstalling the OEM Software, I placed CD 1 in the drive, rebooted, and pressed the C key.

Please let me try this from the beginning. I was
reinstalling the OEM Software, I placed CD 1 in the drive, rebooted, and
pressed the C key.

The laptop booted to the installer’s bluish-purplish
and black splash screen, and a small multicolored ball appeared to be spinning.
Then the install disc ejected. Nothing else happened, I waited about five
minutes, and retried to install again.

This is what happens, every time, every
installer disc.

I place the CD into the drive, and reboot from
the User Logon App screen by selecting ‘ESC’ and clicking on restart. I press
and hold the C key. The laptop boots to the splash screen, the CD is active in
the drive, about thirty seconds later CD ejects, the screen turns grey with the
Apple Logo in the center, a small ball indicating system activity appears for
around fifteen seconds. The screen turns blue and blank, then the user logon
app appears. When I select sign in, the screen blues again and the log on app
recycles over and over, I cannot log on and I can’t install any of the software
listed below.

This is the software that came with the MacBook:

Power Mac G4 Install and restore disc 1 of 1
v10.4

Mac OS X install disc 1 &2 v 10.4.10

Mac OS X Leopard CPU Drop-in disc, v 10.5

I purchased later the Mac OS X Snow Leopard v 10.6.3

HELP ME
PLEASE, I CAN NOT INSTALL, NOR CAN I FORMAT THE HARDDRIVE TO ATTEMPT ON A CLEAN
DRIVE !!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 8:31 PM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2015 10:28 AM in response to eddyfzee

The 10.4 G4 disk will not work on an intel macbook. The leopard disk might, if it is an intel disk. the snow leopard disk will if your optical drive is good. You should be able to boot the snow leopard disk by inserting it and holding down the C key at startup. You should get an apple logo and a spinning cursor. It takes a little while to get to the install screen. There you select the language and ether go to install or disk utilities. If you cannot get it to do this then you need to check or replace the optical drive or use an external optical drive.

Apr 14, 2015 12:26 PM in response to eddyfzee

Coming in on this without seeing the reported original thread:

I need to know much more about this particular issue. What is the exact model and configuration of the computer you are using? - I presume it's a PowerPC G4 of some sort. Do you have an optical drive physically capable of reading DVD media? What is the reason you are 'reinstalling OEM software' - was there a hard drive crash, data corruption, a desire to sell an old machine on a site like LEMswap? A good quick test of the optical drive with a known-good CD, then a known-good DVD would be a wise test before going further.

In my opinion this points more to defective media, specifically Disc 1 of the original restore set, than a bad optical drive or internal drive connection, but it could be either one. In the latter case, you might consider obtaining a separate external drive and using that for the install...

Please let me try this from the beginning. I was reinstalling the OEM Software, I placed CD 1 in the drive, rebooted, and pressed the C key.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.