Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 (ios 8.3) cannot connect to some of the wifi hotspots.

At home, it was able to connect for the first time. After that, sometimes not able to connect, sometimes said password incorrect but sometimes connected automatically for a short while and then discount.

For some wifi hotspots, it does not have any problem at tall. However, I tried the wifi (password required) in hotel, it always said incorrect password.

I checked on the Interent and someone said it is a known problem for iPhone 5. I tried their solution such as router setting, restore the phone, reset the network setting but doesn't work.

When the phone connected to other phone via wifi hotspots (tethering), again no problem at tall. I can concluded that it is not hardware problem.

Any specific router settings required for router?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 12:00 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 10:32 PM in response to langoh

I am having a similar problem after connecting to IOS 8.3. I have a iPhone 5 and it is unable to connect to my home Wi-Fi. have a WPA2 encryption and get the error "Incorrect Password" even though the password is correct.

It does connect sometimes, but the speed is very slow.

I have tried resetting the Network Connections but no joy! 😟

My iphone 5 (ios 8.3) cannot connect to some of the wifi hotspots.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.