Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari's Parental control : Don't work anymore on Yosemite ?

Hello,

I let my 5 years old daughter use my old iMac, under Yosemite 10.10.3.

She has a restricted account, with parental control activated, and the Safari must only accept a few web sites I have autorised (Disney, etc.). The sites I have allowed are showed as a list when my daughter launch Safari, but if she click on links, she can user others sites with others URL. If I write another URL in the URL input, the site isn't blocked neither.

What can I do to really restrict Safari to the white list I added as Administrator in the Parental Controls ?

Thank you for your help

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 3:06 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:36 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you for your answer; but it doesn't help. they exactly describe what I do : My daughter's web parental controls are set on "Allow access to only these websites" and there are many cases where it works. For example, many ads that use another domain that the actuel domain's page are blocked and Safari ask the administrator to add the domain.

But if I type the domain in the search/URL bar, I can access to the site. links between sites seems to be allowed too. She has access to flash-games sites I didn't allow.

Example: I set only "disney.fr" and "apple.fr" in the white list of the parental control. If I my daughter write "http://www.cnn.com" in the safari's bar she can access on the website of CNN.

I'm pretty sure this was OK before. I notice this since a few days. Maybe since the 10.10.3 update ?

I also know she has moved "Favorites sites" into subfolders (she can't read, she clicked anywhere with the mouse...); it may also be related ?

Apr 18, 2015 3:03 AM in response to SebastienLeCocguen

I'm pretty sure this was OK before. I notice this since a few days. Maybe since the 10.10.3 update ?

I also know she has moved "Favorites sites" into subfolders (she can't read, she clicked anywhere with the mouse...); it may also be related ?

Send a feedback to Apple. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send a feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

Safari's Parental control : Don't work anymore on Yosemite ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.