Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have received an email saying I purchased a download in Morocco im in UK so is this a scam.s

ggot an email this morning stating about cam frog purchase made in Morocco im in UK it was 6.99i in what looked like dollars can't get any support from Apple as they want a fee.

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 4:50 AM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

8 replies

Apr 13, 2015 4:48 AM in response to rosemarie24

It's probably a scam. Ways to tell:

1. Real emails from Apple are addressed to you by name, not 'Dear Customer' or something like that.

2. Real emails from Apple are sent from the .apple.com domain, never from @icloud.com or any other address (though 'From' addresses can be easily spoofed).

3. If the message includes a link to 'verify' or some such, hover your mouse over it and you will see a tooltip giving the real address - probably not an @apple.com one.

In any event never follow links in such messages. If you want to change your password or make other adjustments go directly to http://appleid.apple.com .

You can report scam emails to Apple by forwarding them as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com .

Apr 13, 2015 8:01 AM in response to rosemarie24

rosemarie24 wrote:

ggot an email this morning stating about cam frog purchase made in Morocco im in UK it was 6.99i in what looked like dollars can't get any support from Apple as they want a fee.

rosemarie

The last part of your post concerns me. Although apple does in fact charge for support calls under certain circumstances, this kind of thing is NOT one of those. This is not a problem regarding a device or Apple software (Pro Apps) - if anything, it would be a "Store" issue - customer service regarding a purchase dispute could never be a "support" call.

What telephone number did you call where the "representative" wanted a fee?

AND

WHERE did you find it?

stay safe out there

ÇÇÇ

Apr 13, 2015 9:25 AM in response to rosemarie24

That's the "Sales Support" number for UK > from "Contact Us" page > https://www.apple.com/uk/contact/

Sales Support

Check the status of a current Apple Online Store order. To make changes to an existing order, contact Apple Store Customer Service at 0800 048 0408 (low rate). Lines are open Monday-Friday 08:00-21:00, and Saturday-Sunday 09:00-18:00.

From that same page... (middle column)

Contact Apple Support

Need service or support? Start your request online and we’ll find you a solution.

More ways to get help:

The numbers are the same as the ones listed on the See all worldwide support telephone numbers --

User uploaded file
United Kingdom (see footnotes)
0844 209 0611 5
0800 107 6285 2

Telephone numbers are subject to change.
1. Local and national telephone rates apply.
Back >
2. Toll-free phone number is for landlines. You may be charged when calling from a mobile phone. This number may not be accessible from some mobile network providers. For more information, contact your network provider. Back >
3. Free phone technical support number is not accessible by mobile phone. Back >
4. In accordance with the sanctions on the Crimea Region announced by the US Government on December 19, 2014 and European Council Regulation No 1351/2014 dated December 18, 2014, the sale of Apple products and/or provision of services related to Apple products in the Crimea Region is suspended as of February 1, 2015. Back >
5. £0.05p per minute when dialed from a landline within the UK. Call charges may vary when calling from a mobile phone.
Back >

This still is an attempt at PHISHing, though. Phone numbers are often included in these attempts.

The reason I asked about the money is that a charges dispute (if it were in fact real) is NOT a technical issue and should not be considered a "chargeable" service

stay safe

ÇÇÇ

I have received an email saying I purchased a download in Morocco im in UK so is this a scam.s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.