Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod classic replacement/repair

I have an Ipod Classic 160gb that no longer works at all. Can I send this in for the $149CDN repair replacement?

If so what quality of unit is it replaced with?

I did this two years ago with an Ipod touch 4th gen

the replacement performed very poorly with battery life, less than a day of regular use.

I sent it back under the three month warranty and the second one was the same so I gave up and bought a 5th gen

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 6:03 AM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2015 3:14 PM in response to peterfrombracebridge

I would probably at least get the problem diagnosed. Then it would depend on the cost and the condition of the iPod as to whether I proceeded with repairs. How much it would cost you to buy a second-hand one that isn't too old also needs to be taken into consideration. I'm really sad that Apple has stopped manufacturing the Classic. I don't WANT an iPod that "cooks my breakfast". I actually have an iPod Touch (only 8GB) and it sits unused. I'd rather have even my 8-year-old iPod 30GB Video (now usually referred to as iPod Classic Generation 5) than an iPod Touch.

Ipod classic replacement/repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.