Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal time zone problems with 10.10

I travel all over the world so I use multiple time zones for iCal and until Yosemite I never had any problems. Now iCal for some reason will automatically select the time zone at the top of the list of time zones regardless of my current location. Biggest problem is that iCloud is now storing that same info so that when I enter an event on my iPhone 5s (8.3) it does not accept the phones current location, it accepts whatever time zone is at the top of the list from iCal on my MBP. Because the iCal on the iPhone does not allow a selection of time zones I then have to go into iCal on the MPB to change or verify what time zone the phone set.

I never ever had any problems in the past until Yosemite. Know I can delete my iCal plist, but that will remove "ALL" time info on everything.

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the time zone list without effecting current events?

The other problem I have is that as countries around the world are changing from standard time to daylight time or the other way around. iCal is not allowing me to set new events days, weeks or months in advance to the time zone at that time. So that I no longer can tell if I have selected say Standard Eastern Australian Time or Daylight Eastern Australian Time ... that goes for nearly every county.

😕

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2.8 GHz, 16GB Ram, 512GB HD

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 6:14 AM

There are no replies.

iCal time zone problems with 10.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.