Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't accept Google account

I had to reset my iPad after 8.3 when iBooks would not read 1/3 of my books. When I set it up again, I tried to add back a Google mail account so that I could see a Google calendar on my calendar app. It worked before, and it is on my Mac's calendar and on my iPhone's calendar (as well as on my wife's Mac and iPhone).

But every time I try on my iPad, I get the same result:

I go to settings/Mail, contact, Calendars/Add Account/Google, and fill in my e-mail and my Google password. I hit Sign In, select "accept", and for a moment, I see the screen where I can select which features such as Mail, I want to toggle on (I want to toggle them all off except calendar). Then it disappears, and that account is gone.

Rebooting my iPad 3 didn't help.

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 8:15 PM

I see that this thread a 2+ years old, but I'm having the exact same problem with my iPad Pro that was described in this original post. What was the final solution? I tried all the suggestions listed here, but still same problem. (reboot, reinstall, subscribe, etc.)

I'm really hoping the answer doesn't involve the long trip to the nearest Apple store.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2017 8:15 PM in response to Howard Brazee

I see that this thread a 2+ years old, but I'm having the exact same problem with my iPad Pro that was described in this original post. What was the final solution? I tried all the suggestions listed here, but still same problem. (reboot, reinstall, subscribe, etc.)

I'm really hoping the answer doesn't involve the long trip to the nearest Apple store.

Apr 16, 2015 8:43 AM in response to Howard Brazee

Greetings Howard Brazee,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after updating your iPad to iOS 8.3, you are having an issue adding your Google account. You have already tried a good troubleshooting step by resetting your iPad. Because the issue continues, I would recommend manually placing your iPad in recovery mode and performing an update. This will reinstall the iPhone Operating System without erasing your data. Once this process is complete, try adding your Google account back to your iPad. Before going through this process, I would recommend making sure you have a back up of the iPad on either iCloud or iTunes. Please let me know if the issue continues.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.

User uploaded file

3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 mintues, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

Cheers,

Joe

Apr 16, 2015 2:24 PM in response to AppleJoe

I wish I had known about that earlier. Maybe that would have fixed my earlier problem with only 2/3 of my iBooks synchronizing. But I reset my whole iPad, solving that problem - but causing this problem.

Your solution didn't solve it though. I get to the screen where I see my slide switches to select which Google service I want (only the one), which screen lasts maybe a second before aborting.

May 12, 2015 6:36 PM in response to El Rey 1305

Try this:

You can sync Google Calendar with the Calendar app that comes on your iPhone or iPad.

Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.

Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add account > Google.

Enter your name, your full Gmail or Google Apps address, and password.
If you use 2-Step Verification, use an app password instead of your regular password.

Touch Next.

Emails, contacts, and calendar events will now sync directly with your Google Account on the web. To sync only your calendar, turn the other services off.

Now when you open the Calendar app on your iPhone or iPad, you'll see your Google Calendar events.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en

May 13, 2015 12:46 AM in response to jazcan

I tried that, it happens exactly as Howard Brazee quoted before:

I go to settings/Mail, contact, Calendars/Add Account/Google, and fill in my e-mail and my Google password. I hit Sign In, select "accept", and for a moment, I see the screen where I can select which features such as Mail, I want to toggle on (I want to toggle them all off except calendar). Then it disappears, and that account is gone.

The same calendar account works fine on my iPhone, and it worked for a long time on the iPad before the upgrade to IOS 8.3

Triend to re-install the iPAD from scratch as well in the mean time, still the same issue...

iPad won't accept Google account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.