Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library on iOS 8.3

I have enabled enable iCloud Photo Libray on my iMAC (OS version 10.10.3) and it works fine even though it took a long time to upload picture. And I have enabled iCloud Photo Library on my iPad (iOS 8.3) and it works fine.

But in my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.3) it will not work. I can enable the iCloud Photo Library. The right dialog appears. It says 133 photos must be updated. Then nothing happens. The progress bars show and disappears immediately. Nothing happens.

Yes I have deactivated and activated again. Log out of iCloud and logged in again. Same result. Synchronization will not start.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 9:43 AM

6 replies

Apr 28, 2015 9:35 AM in response to IBG001

I am having a similar issue with my iPhone 5s. I have updated my iPad, iMac, iPhone 4s and iPhone 5s and have enabled Photos and iCloud photo library on all four. It is working fine on everything by my iPhone 5s. Photos will not upload from the iPhone 5s to iCloud and my pictures that are in iCloud will not sync to my iPhone 5s. I have tried everything I could think of including (1) disabling and re-enabling iCloud Photo Library, (2) signing in and out of iCloud, and (3) deleting all off the pictures and videos on my iPhone 5s and starting over. Nothing has worked. I also had trouble downloading pictures from my iPhone 5s to my iMac when it was plugged into the iMac. It kept getting hung up midway through. I had to keep unplugging the iPhone 5s, force quitting Photos on my iMac and starting over. Each time, I was able to get a handful of pictures off the iPhone 5s and eventually I got all of them off.

Apr 29, 2015 7:22 AM in response to KevinC31

I have found what is causing the problem but I haven't found the root cause.

On my phone it's the device management tool Mobileiron. When migrated to another Mobileiron platform I had a few minutes with the tool uninstalled then the iCloud Photo Library started to sync. When Mobileiron was reinstalled again I have the same problem again.

iiCloud Photo Library is not restricted in Mobeleiron so the is not working correctly with iOS 8.3 and iCloud Photo Library, but I do not know why.

May 3, 2015 9:19 AM in response to IBG001

I have also identified MobileIron as the root cause for me.

I deleted the MobileIron app, but not the device management profile. Rebooted the phone, still had the problem.

I reviewed the Device Management policy and identified that my organization has a restriction on "Storing Documents in the cloud".

I delete the policy and instantly my phone started the syncing process.

I am going to contact my helpdesk to have the policy re-applied and see if there is any change and will report back here with my findings.

iCloud Photo Library on iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.