Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i connect RS232 cable to my Mac? or do i need to install additional driver to support?

i need to take some data from one of the equipments that i am dealing in job. So i have to connect my Mac through a RS232/USB cable. Is it required to install additional driver to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 10:10 AM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2016 8:19 PM in response to naveen vm

I managed to find WCH341-Terminal in the middle of a crisis trying to get my cheap USB-RS232 to work. The application (to not be confused with a driver) worked off the bat, it is not a driver but a program. I could not believe it. If you go to System Information and USB and your USBtoSerial Adapter is showing up as USB2.0-Ser! Product ID 0x7523 this will work magically. I'm running El Capitan (and the app is two or three years old so should be backwards compatible).

http://www.staarcom.com/software/WCH341-Terminal/index.html

can i connect RS232 cable to my Mac? or do i need to install additional driver to support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.