Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't publish my iBook

I got a problem and I need to solve this as soon as possible. I don't know what's wrong!

I need to publish the iBook - free to download -

When I click on "Publish" (iBooks Author), then a pop up appears and ask me to log in. Then, It says something about iTunes Connect (log in) and then nothing happens, cause' Apple Connect is already Activated, for iOS Apps, but I don't know if I need another for "Books"? I know and iTunes Connect says: "

Unable to Process Request

You cannot access this page.

The Apple ID you signed in with does not have permission to view this page. For more information about access permissions, see the Contact Us module."

PROBLEM: I get stuck on the 3th step, I can't download iTunes Producer, I don't know why, it says:

Unable to Process Request

You cannot access this page.

The Apple ID you signed in with does not have permission to view this page. For more information about access permissions, see the Contact Us module.

PROBLEM: Then, I click to continue, and ask me again for my log in details and says:

"This Apple ID isn't associated with a Free or Paid Books Account"

What can I do? What's wrong? Thanks for reading... need help!

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 9:53 AM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2015 9:17 AM in response to granTana

Hello granTana,

Is this the first time you have tried to publish a book to the iTunes Book Store? If so, you need to set up an account, even if what you are offering is for free. Here's how:

Apple - iTunes - Working with iTunes - Sell Your Content - Sell Your Books - Authors & Book Publishers: FAQs
https://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/book-faq.html

Apple - iTunes - Working with iTunes - Sell Your Content - Sell Your Books
https://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/

User uploaded file

Complete the application to offer your books on iBooks.

User uploaded file

After you verify your email address, you can sign in to iTunes Connect to manage your books.

User uploaded file

After you accept the iBooks Store agreement, download our submission app, iTunes Producer (requires OS X 10.9 or later), to submit your book to iBooks.

Get Started

If you have any questions, call 1-877-206-2092 or email ibooks_applicationsupport@apple.com(find additional local phone numbers in our FAQ).

Cheers!

- Judy

Can't publish my iBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.