Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FIOS Home Sharing Issue: Quantum gateway router

Has anyone had any luck setting up home sharing using a FIOS Quantum gateway router? On a similar path Apple remote can't find my home library either.

I have an Airport Express I use as a line-in device on a SONOS Play 5 and I am able to Airplay to the AE Express just fine but I can't get home sharing or the remote to work on any of my devices (iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPad Air). Running iOS 8.2 on all of them and iTunes 12.1.2 on my Laptop with my library.

I have seen discussions related to the older Actiontech FIOS router with similar issues where the problem was resolved by disabling IGMP proxy via the advanced settings on the router. I have tried that to no avail. Any other thoughts on settings/fixes to try?

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 10:06 AM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2015 9:21 AM in response to bgranc

Hello bgranc,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not able to use features like Home Sharing and Remote because there appears to be a network issue. I know you have already tried some great troubleshooting steps, but I would recommend reading over the attached article and working through the suggested steps there too, specifically steps 4 and later. Please let me know if the issue continues.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

FIOS Home Sharing Issue: Quantum gateway router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.