Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alireza

i Installed a trail version of office for Mac .i have problem for typing in persian & arabic & urdo language .in Persian language alphabet are together not separately.but in office for Mac the alphabets are separatley.dose this problem any solution.i write correct typing and wrong typing to explain my problem

wrong typing in Persian language in office for Mac is

س ل ام

ccorrect typing in Persian language in any text edit'program is

سلام

as you see wrong typing is separately and correct typing is together

as I know this problem is in office in Appel store

can I solve this problem with any setting or any thing else .

thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 10:17 AM

6 replies

Apr 13, 2015 12:05 PM in response to krzoird183

alirezaapple wrote:

i Installed a trail version of office for Mac .i have problem for typing in persian & arabic & urdo language

MS Word for Mac has never supported persian/arabic/urdu (even after 14 years now). So you have to use another app. Mellel is best, but TextEdit, Pages 5 (not Pages 09), Nisus Writer, Open/LibreOffice should all work OK.

Apr 14, 2015 6:19 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hello Mr Tom Geweck .

first i have to thanks of your time and your answer .i understand that i can not use office for mac in persian language and you mentioned some app in your answer .important things for me in office is word and excel and writing persian language with all ability of word and excel in office or better than office .now can you tell me which app are able to do my important matter such as writing persian ' ability of word in office ' ability of excel in office .and how i can get to app ?

thanks again

Apr 14, 2015 7:29 AM in response to krzoird183

alirezaapple wrote:

is libreoffice free for life time 'i mean is it free forever ?

can i trust it to keep my data safe forever ?

You will have to ask the people who make it. Nothing to do with Apple.

I don't think anyone is going to understand what you mean by "keep my data safe forever". Nothing is "forever," and "safe" can have a lot of different meanings.

alireza

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.