Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call Forwarding IOS 8.3 AT&T iPhone 6

I did the recent update to IOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6 as did my wife, and we are having trouble with the standard call forwarding function. Because our house have virtually no AT&T coverage, we use this feature daily. It has alway worked in the past without issue.

After the 8.3 update, the stored number is gone and when I slide the call forward option button, it brings me to the forward to page, the issue is that when I put a 10 digit number in (which it allows), there is not next step. There is not ability to accept or activate, just a 10 digit number hanging out in a box. Going back just clears the number and resets the call forward button to OFF. It is an endless loop.

Any one else having this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Call Forwarding

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 10:40 AM

50 replies

Apr 13, 2015 9:59 PM in response to N3519H

I've spent over 6 hours troubleshooting this issue with Apple, AT&T Advanced Business Technical Support, and I just got back from another 2 hour session with a top Apple Genius expert at my local Apple Store a few minutes ago.

There does not seem to be any resolution with the 8.3 iOS software on my iPhone 6 Plus! They gave me a brand new phone and it still exhibited the problem - Call forwarding does not work. They tried to push the issue off on AT&T, but then they could not produce a single phone at the Apple store running iOS 8.3 that showed call forwarding working.

I hope Apple releases a fix of this soon! It's critical to my daily business as I need to turn call forwarding off/on several times a day due to poor coverage or no coverage depending on my physical location.

If someone has any suggestions please help!

Apr 13, 2015 10:17 PM in response to N3519H

I realize I don't have an iPhone 6, but I tried Call Forwarding on my iPhone 5s on iOS 8.3 with AT&T. I do not use call forwarding very often, but I thought I would try. I noticed that after typing the phone number in, there was no dialog box, or button to set, however, if I waited about 15-20 seconds, then tapped the back button, the call forwarding icon appeared on the phone, and the phone number that I typed into the phone showed up under the Call Forwarding button, which remained on. Then, I was able to back out to the home screen, and it remained there. If I turned the button off, after a moment the number disappeared and the call forwarding icon disappeared as well. Since the only number I have to test it on is my home, and my wife is in bed, I cannot try calling to see if it works, but if I go by the icon, it should be working. I do know that it has always taken a short period of time for call forwarding to register, since it has to register on the AT&T server. I can test this in about 8 hours after I get up.

Apr 13, 2015 10:17 PM in response to N3519H

Yeah, this has me a bit concerned about how Apple conducts it's support and QA of software releases of iOS. Most of the employees at the Apple Store I was at didn't have the latest version of the iOS. You would think that should be mandatory. I hope others post about this call forwarding problem with iOS 8.3. I'm trying to find someone with a iPhone 5S who has updated to 8.3 to see if it's hardware related at all. It's important enough for me to go back to my older iPhone.

Apr 14, 2015 8:39 AM in response to N3519H

N3519H wrote:

Thanks Chris, I tired this on my iPhone 6 and NO GO. It just hangs and when I back out, it clears out the forward number and resets to OFF. Maybe it is a Iphone6 hardware issue.

I just tried it on my iPhone 6, iOS 8.3. I've never used call forwarding before, but I turned it on in Settings/phone, entered a number, and backed out of settings. Then called my iPhone from another number, and it forwarded correctly.

Apr 15, 2015 12:21 AM in response to N3519H

Is there a reason you don't want to check with AT&T to see if any of your account provisioning has been inadvertently changed? It appears to be a problem specifically on your phone, as no one else has been able to duplicate it. Note that you must have cellular service at the time you enable forwarding, because it requires sendin data to the network switch.

Call Forwarding IOS 8.3 AT&T iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.