Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selling custom Presets ,loops

Hi,

Can i sell presets of synthesizers from logic pro x? for example i change parameters of one already existent synth? or do i have to start from init? (scratch)
and where the heck can i find init LOL?? there is not even an init on this software getting tired of confusing HELP

Also can i for example make a short loop of a built in instrument and sell???

i am litteraly dying here from confusion

I know there is threads about this but i still don't understand...

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 11:12 AM

10 replies

Apr 14, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Axej S

Can i sell presets of synthesizers from logic pro x?

Contact Apple Legal directly and ask for advice... (as we are just Users like yourself here)

https://www.apple.com/legal/contact/

and where the heck can i find init LOL??

It depends on which synth you are referring to?

But for most, when you load a synth plugin for the first time in a new project using the instrument button in a Software Instrument Track's channel strip, (and don't use the library to do so) the synth is configured for a basic default sound which is as close to init as you will get...

Apr 15, 2015 4:05 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

i've contacted them they weren't much helpful i also found init just recall default settings

But some questions remain answered, i'll make it more clearer. a sound recording eg sample is copyrighted
However what if i create with that copyrighted sample a melody and convert into a loop (audio file) and then sell?
IMO if this is illegal it should be legal because there are designers who want to make loops without making samples from scratch
Lets also say that i work with a friend of mine and i want to share the audio file that i made from by my self except the samples used are copyrighted

he doesn't have logic pro x but cubase?

just to note i don't work with apple library loops

Apr 15, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Axej S

I understand your frustration.... but Applecare doesn't offer legal advice...

That's why you should contact a lawyer and ask them to offer you an opinion...based on any Agreement and/or Terms and Conditions documents available...

That is really what Apple were suggesting you did. It is certainly what i would do if I was in your situation... and i was concerned about any legal repercussions from what i was planning to do.

As for a personal opinion..... I don't think you would have any legal issues doing what you are thinking about doing, but I'm not a legal Rep for Apple nor a lawyer with any experience of such things... and so my opinion is simply that.... an opinion.. and an uninformed one at that... and worth very little in this case 🙂

Note:

Beware of anyone claiming to be a 'lawyer' online.. and who is offering/dispensing legal advice.. as frankly you don't know who or what they really are... and so any such advice from an 'online lawyer' in a forum such as this, would be highly suspect at best!

Cheers..

Nigel

Apr 15, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Axej S

Axej S wrote:

Hi,

Can i sell presets of synthesizers from logic pro x?

Yes. But very few if anybody will buy them, as it is very common to freely share those. So you'll have to come up with something special. Or naïve buyers.

Axej S wrote:

for example i change parameters of one already existent synth?

Yes.

or do i have to start from init? (scratch)

No.

Axej S wrote:

and where the heck can i find init LOL??

First, no need to swear, second, there's not one universal "init", but for each VI that has got one you should be able to find it amongst its' presets - or online, as a free user preset. And thirdly, as said before, you don't need it. Also, I do not understand your 'LOL', it is not funny, so not even LBOL (Little Bit Of Laughter), it's NLAA (No Laughter At All) or NIAWSOFF (Not In Any Way, Shape Or Form Funny)

Also can i for example make a short loop of a built in instrument and sell???

Yes.

Honestly, have you ever heard of instrumentmakers being entitled to royalties because their instruments were used?

i am litteraly dying

User uploaded file

Selling custom Presets ,loops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.