Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app in landscape mode unusable

Now that I have an iPhone 6+ I keep my phone in landscape mode on my dash mount in my car. As far as I can tell this renders my music control unusable. Two questions.

1. is there a simple way to put the music player controls in landscape mode.

2. if not, what is a good alternative landscape music player?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 11:14 AM

7 replies

Apr 14, 2015 7:41 AM in response to Wall-0-Sound

Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of the coverflow. Also 3rd party apps have no access to the Music Library in the Music App, so unless you plan on moving your entire library into another App, its not going to be a very useful option.

In the end what I've found is at least functional, is to bring up control center (swipe up from the bottom) when in Landscape orientation to get the Music controls. The Control Center will cover up coverflow, an provide some controls. You can then at least control the music easily, and you have direct access to all the control center features directly.

Apr 15, 2015 1:36 PM in response to Phil0124

Wow. No landscape mode. That's truly a horrible design. Wow, no way to use your music in another player without reloading it. That's a horrible design. I hear their might be an update to music player on it's way. Do you think Apple recognizes this as an issue to address? BTW- tried the swipe up from the bottom approach. It shows an up arrow when I swipe, but the arrow does nothing, so nothing to work with there. Swiping down DOES get notification center, but that does nothing for me.

Apr 21, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Phil0124

Yep, i get that, i wish my 6+ would do that in landscape, but no cigar. I will have to see if my wife's 6 will do it in landscape. No problem in portrait, comes right up. Right now i've resolved to finding the album in music flow, tapping it and then it gives me controls and the album art in landscape. It's hard to find the album sometimes though as i've got LOTS of music on my phone.

Music app in landscape mode unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.