Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone 6 plus

My iPhone 6 plus was stolen recently. I blocked my phone number and put the phone into lost mode and then made a police report. The phone is always offline when I checked on the find my iPhone app. However, 5 days later, I received a text saying that my phone is found and asked me to go into the website www.position-service.com/ to view the current location. Said it is sent by the Apple Support. It looked dodgy and I called the apple care/support in my country (Malaysia). Put through and I verified with the person in the other end regarding the validity of the website and the phone number of the sender (+44876349186). I was told it was from apple and I can safely go into it. When I went into the website, the iCloud sign in page popped up. Without any suspicion, I typed in my apple ID and password but unable to go into iCloud. Then I felt that it was fishy so I open the iCloud sign in page that I used. Sure enough, both did not look quite the same. The fake one, background colour not so sharp, no box to tick for keep me sign in and no sentence for the create iCloud account. I straight away tried to change my password but it was too late. When I tried to sign in again, my iPhone 6 plus is not in my device anymore. I was stupefied, terrified and in rage.

Later on, I was told by a family friend (who works with apple) that the thief has means to divert my call. I did not want to go in the website initially as it really looks not right, that was why I called up the apple care/support. I reported this to the police but there is no more chance of me getting my phone back. The phone is not mine anymore.

Just want to share my experience. And want to ask anyone whether there is any other way that I can find my phone, although I know the chances is very slim.

Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 10:30 AM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2015 10:32 AM in response to williemena

What To Do If Your iDevice Is Lost Or Stolen

iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad

If you activated Find My Phone before it was lost or stolen, you can track it only if it is connected to the Internet by Wi-Fi or cellular. What you cannot do is track your device using a serial number or other identifying number. You cannot expect Apple or anyone else to find your device for you. You cannot recover your loss unless you insure your device for such loss. It is not covered by your warranty.

If your iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, or iPad is lost or stolen what do you do? There are things you should have done in advance - before you lost it or it was stolen - and some things to do after the fact. Here are some suggestions:

This link, Re: Help! I misplaced / lost my iPhone 5 today morning in delta Chelsea hotel downtown an I am not able to track it. Please help!, has some good advice regarding your options when your iDevice is lost or stolen.

1. Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

2. Find my lost iPod Touch

3. AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon can block stolen phones/tablets

4. What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen

5. iCloud- Use Lost Mode

6. What to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen

7. 6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone

8. Find My iPhone

9. Report Stolen iPad | Stolen Lost Found Online

It pays to be proactive by following the advice on using Find My Phone before you lose your device:

1. Find My iPhone

2. Setup your iDevice on iCloud

3. OS X Lion/Mountain Lion- About Find My Mac

4. How To Set Up Free Find Your iPhone (Even on Unsupported Devices)

Stolen iphone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.