Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When playing any audio the audio quality on my Thunderbolt display steadily worsens over an hour period and becomes garbled. Restarting the media player fixes it. Does not occur when MacBook Pro is undocked.

When playing audio/video on my MacBook Pro docked to Thunderbolt display the audio quality steadily worsens until it is garbled beyond understanding. I don't know if it occurs when using the MacBook undocked. It takes about an hour to become noticeable and steadily worsens. Simultaneously when the computer speaks the time this is also gargled. As the problem develops it sounds like there is a static halo around each spoken word.

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 12:04 PM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2015 10:47 AM in response to GeoChester

Hi GeoChester,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing some sound issues on your Mac that worsens over time. In this situation, the first troubleshooting step that I would recommend would be to reset your computer’s PRAM. To do this, please follow the instructions in the following attached article.

OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

Best regards,

Joe

When playing any audio the audio quality on my Thunderbolt display steadily worsens over an hour period and becomes garbled. Restarting the media player fixes it. Does not occur when MacBook Pro is undocked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.