Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible Time Machine Backups are gone

I took my Mac to be 'cleaned'. What i mean is, the guy recommended wiping out the HD, moving HD to external HD, and reinstalling. So he didn't back up my apps as he says he can't. You have to reinstall. Fine however, things like iPhoto are gone and therefore no photos. Nothing in Pictures or MyPictures. Same with iTunes.

So I went to TM to reinstall a back up and nothing is there. It's like it's a brand new computer. Is it possible when he wiped the HD it also took TM?

Mavericks OS.

Thanks

mac pro

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 11:57 AM

No. You didn't erase your Time Machine backup drive, did you? Your computer is not known to Time Machine because you wiped the HDD. Time Machine thinks it's a new computer. You need to find how to make Time Machine switch to the old backup on your Time Machine backup drive. Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with all things Time Machine. Read the item on switching the backup drive for restoring files.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2015 11:57 AM in response to originale

No. You didn't erase your Time Machine backup drive, did you? Your computer is not known to Time Machine because you wiped the HDD. Time Machine thinks it's a new computer. You need to find how to make Time Machine switch to the old backup on your Time Machine backup drive. Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with all things Time Machine. Read the item on switching the backup drive for restoring files.

Is it possible Time Machine Backups are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.