Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing....why don't I have the same music on my laptop at home on my work computer?

I downloaded iTunes onto my computer at work and turned on Home Sharing both here and on my laptop at home where all my music is, but only a handful of music is shown. How do I get my music on my work computer too? Thank you! 🙂

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 11:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2015 10:05 AM in response to vamplover5107

Hi vamplover5107,

It seems you would like more information about the Home Sharing features in iTunes. Home Sharing is only used for home networks. For example, sharing your library across multiple Apple devices on your home wi-fi network. To access your full library remotely you may want to consider subscribing to iTunes Match. I've included links to both features for you to learn more:

Learn more about Home Sharing - Apple Support

Home Sharing in iTunes lets you share your iTunes media libraries between up to five computers in your household and play your iTunes content on your iOS devices and Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

iTunes Match stores all of your music in iCloud, even songs you’ve imported from other sources such as CDs, and gives you access to it from all of your devices, at any time. iTunes Match is an annual subscription.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

Home Sharing....why don't I have the same music on my laptop at home on my work computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.