Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 Update - Tmobile wifi calling getting disconnected

I am facing issues with T-Mobile wifi calling after istalling iOS8.3 update on my iPhone 6. The T-Mobile wifi feature gest disconnects in between and the call gets dropped

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 11:45 AM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2015 10:34 AM in response to saurabh2326

Hi saurabh2326,

I know that dropped calls can be frustrating, but if this is happening with Wi-Fi calls, then take a look at the article below to give some suggestions on troubleshooting the issue further. You may want to look into the setting of your Wi-Fi if that is where it is happening the most.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201406

Take it easy,

-Norm G.

Apr 17, 2015 8:48 AM in response to saurabh2326

same problem for me. Upgraded to ios8.3 on my tmobile iPhone 6plus yesterday. I have very poor reception at home and have been using wifi calling since it rolled out with no issues. Now, I see the tmobile wifi in the upper left corner. Make a call and it drops away to just tmobile, the the call drops. As soon as the call drops, goes back to tmobile wifi. Same thing for every call. Reset wifi calling, reset router, etc. still the same result.

Apr 25, 2015 9:44 AM in response to saurabh2326

On my 5s-32gb "T-Mobile WiFi" logo is not even on anymore. Before installing 8.3 it was working just fine. But as soon as I installed 8.3 I don't even get to see the "T-Mobile WiFi" logo on any wifi hotspot I'm connected to, no matter what I do. It simply not working anymore and like everybody else, at home and at work, t-mobile signal is almost non-existent and wifi calling is the only way.

May 28, 2015 1:44 PM in response to saurabh2326

I have noticed another problem that may be related to lost calls. Last night, every text message I sent using WI-FI calling on my iPhone 5S (also with iOS 8.3) with iMessage turned off, failed. The green sent bar went 90% to the right and then stalled and timed out. The text messages were actually received by the other party, but I got the error message that the send failed. Tried to resend repeatedly with the same results.

WI-FI calling worked great with iOS 8.2. With iOS 8.3 it's virtually useless.

VERY frustrating!

iOS 8.3 Update - Tmobile wifi calling getting disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.