Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my phone to iOS 8.3, my past imessages won't load.

None of my past imessages or messages in general will load. It'll go to a message that sent as a text from a week ago then jump back to the bottom. It all makes no sense, I've turned my phone on and off multiple times. Nothing helps. Please help, I'm trying to find info in a past text.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 1:45 PM

7 replies

Apr 13, 2015 4:05 PM in response to tee7886

tee

in case you want to do more than "chime in"... you could try the suggestions I made above your post.

FYI, the SYSTEM Status page shows the iMessage Server in England to be "Green" and the History graph doesn't contradict that - nor does the Summary nest to the graph.

Also, tell us your iDevice, iOS version & what preceded the onset of the behavior.

Again let us know.

Apr 13, 2015 6:30 PM in response to aliviaftw

OK. We both realize that no updates are needed, since iOS 8.3 is latest and is likely the triggering event.

Now DO the rest...

------

Check the system status for iMessage <== I already did this earlier - not the issue

Go to the Apple Services System Status page and check iMessage.

Turn iMessage off and back on

Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off, then back on.

Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
  4. Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.

Reset your network settings

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Back up and restore your device

Use iTunes or iCloud to back up your content, then restore your device.

Get more help

After updating my phone to iOS 8.3, my past imessages won't load.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.