Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not charge or restart

I let my iPhone 4S (16GB, iOS 8.3) completely die, which I usually do not do. I plugged it in and let it sit for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I checked on it and it wouldn't turn on. I hit the home and lock button a few times and it was completely unresponsive. I checked to make sure it wasn't the wire by plugging it into another Apple device and it worked fine so it's not that. Periodically the screen lights up with the Apple logo but after that nothing happens. I poked around on the internet and someone said to hold the lock and home button down at the same time. I tried that and the Apple logo showed up but still nothing happened. I've tried it plugged into the wall and now I've got it hooked up to my computer but it doesn't make a difference. I've had the phone for about 10 months. Before now it always charged fine, I've never had problems like this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 3:48 PM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Jennas27

Hi there Jennas27,

It sounds like your phone is not turning on at all at this point. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article about that kind of an issue. It also has information on reaching out to Apple if needed:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Apr 26, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Jennas27

I seem to have this problem as well, and only after iOS 8.3. Repeatedly reboots while charging/connected to Mac. My workaround which seems to work: ensure the screen is turned ON while charging/connected. Go to Settings>General>Auto-Lock, set to "Never". Then turn down the brightness all the way to save your battery power. You can revert to your original Auto-Lock setting when done charging. Hope this helps. We need a fix for this annoying bug asap.

iPhone will not charge or restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.