Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam?

I Received an email saying my ID had been used to purchase an app, initiated from Japan. Link provided to change password. How do I check if this is a scam?

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 2:25 PM

It's phishing. Forward it to reportphishing@apple.com and then delete it.

A legitimate iTunes Store purchase receipt email won't include that link.

(125879)

7 replies

Apr 13, 2015 2:07 PM in response to andreah97

Log into your iTunes account from your computer and check your purchase history. You can also tell by looking at the email address the email came from, or information from hovering over the link they are asking you to go to. Besides, most of these are phishing attempts anyway.

See this support document. http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

May 7, 2015 11:43 AM in response to klg_cosmo

klg_cosmo wrote:

I have the exact same email, but it says it was initiated in morocco. The email comes from my own account though!!! I am very worried. I also clicked on the link and saw that the domain name was not apple. does this mean they have already stolen all my information??????

Not necessarily. Sender's email address is easy to spoof. If you're worried, change your email password.

Scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.