Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse cursor lags all the time, how can I fix this?

I've updated to 10.10.3 and this is still happening, please fix this bug.

Thanks

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 2:38 AM

There is no "bug" to fix. Try resetting your SMC and also the PRAM.

Barry

6 replies

May 5, 2015 11:51 PM in response to N45H13

UPDATE and additional info: This problem is still occurring.

Apply have been completely unhelpful so far, after a second phone call, I was just told (again) to restart my MBP, unpair and repair my mouse, and insert fresh batteries. I've also done the SMC and PRAM resets several times.

I'm using my MBP in clamshell mode connected to a BenQ GL2460 monitor. Running my MBP slightly ajar seems to temporarily help with he mouse lagginess but the problem soon reoccurs.

I've tested my mouse on a friends earlier model non updated MBP and the mouse works fine.

I went out a bought a Microsoft USB mouse and the same lagginess happens with it, albeit a lot worse.

I'm currently running both mice connected via bluetooth, which actually seems to be minimising the magic mouse lagginess, but the Microsoft mouse is still very laggy. So I wonder what having two mice connected simultaneously is doing?

Magic mouse cursor lags all the time, how can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.