Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 iPhone 6 dropping network

Hi guys,

1. My iPhone 6 continuously dropping network connection after update to 8.3, every 1-4 minutes... literally.. no matter where I'm located, at home or in the office.

It can be 5 bars + LTE, then next moment that's one bar, no data at all... or no network completely and just 'searching...'

It drops voice calls the same way...

2. I've tried to reinstall firmware as well. Two times already. Same results.

3. Yes, the last time I've installed iOS 8.3 iTunes asked me if I want to install new operator settings. I installed them, same results.

Help! It drives me crazy!

Vasily

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 3:50 PM

17 replies

Mar 2, 2017 3:01 PM in response to VR81

Same problem for me. I am paying my provider for nothing for a month right now. Me and my provider tryed everything and nothing work or only work for like 15min and then goes off.... I am up to date, and did everything you did also.

So now APPLE, what are you gonna do before I flip to Samsung Galaxy. Here, this is your last chance to prove your devotion for your costumer. Send a link that explain or fix something. We are not alone it is your fault so assume it. And prouve us that you are not mediocre.

Jun 14, 2017 11:13 PM in response to VR81

Definitely disappointing Apple has not resolved this issue. I also notice network dropped at home, work, cabin, Other places, immediately upon unlocking. Almost seems like it's trying it's best to use up my data limit from my carrier rather than stay constantly connected to the appropriate networks.

Fail. Sad to say.

Apr 14, 2015 10:18 AM in response to VR81

I have the same thing. Not so much with calls but that i cant connect to youtube. facebook, anything that uses internet. Only when I am connected to a wi-fi signal can i use any of these options. I just got my phone a few days ago too so I dont know if i should just bring it in to t-mobile or just wait this out and see if its just an update problem or what because i cant pin point the problem. I know its not a wifi problem though, its a network problem.

May 12, 2015 7:48 PM in response to VR81

Having same issue here since last update, 8.3 in mid april. I have an iPhone 6, useless iPhone 6 right now. I went to my carrier, they restarted it, next day they gave me a brand new iPhone, downloaded the update and same issue again, i bring it to Modernica, which are an authorized apple reseller and they deal w service and guarantee issues with iPhones here in Puerto Rico, and they have no clue of what is happening to my phone. Called another iphone service center and they told me i have to wait til the next update. I'm so angry with this issue, paying for a phone that doesn't work. I feel i have an ipod touch right now.

Jun 24, 2015 12:00 AM in response to VR81

I Just bought an iPhone 6 16GB 2 months ago. These past few weeks i noticed my phone always go on searching mode but not as frequent as now (in fact it has been like 2 hours my phone went on searching mode). Yesterday, i had to activate it back like when you just get a new phone you have to activate it or connect to itunes and stuff. Just as to now, it had happened 4 times! Not only i cant use the cellular service the carrier whatsoever but when that happened i cant use my phone at all because the wifi here not strong and i couldnt activate it sometimes. I tried putting my sim in my friend's iphone 5s. No problem occured i can make calls and all so i put her simcard into my iphone 6 and first ten minutes it was okay but then it went 'searching for network' again. So i am quite confident my sim has no problem but the phone itself. What could the problem be. Anyone?

iOS 8.3 iPhone 6 dropping network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.