Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email icon not working

when I press the email icon the screen turns white for about 5 seconds and returns to home screen showing all icons.

the email counter is working and the number keeps increasing.

I am using an iPad 2 running the latest IOS 8.3

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 4:14 PM

This might not be the case, but some apps crash right after opening due to the lack of available memory. I have an iPad 2, but opening apps like "Real Racing 3", "Angry Birds Epic", "Planetary", and some kinds of Safari and Chrome pages just crash instantly.

Does it have an animation, or does it just return to the home screen in a quick flash? If there's no animation, then it crashed. If there is a transition, there's a problem with the Mail App.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2015 4:14 PM in response to irvingzman

This might not be the case, but some apps crash right after opening due to the lack of available memory. I have an iPad 2, but opening apps like "Real Racing 3", "Angry Birds Epic", "Planetary", and some kinds of Safari and Chrome pages just crash instantly.

Does it have an animation, or does it just return to the home screen in a quick flash? If there's no animation, then it crashed. If there is a transition, there's a problem with the Mail App.

Email icon not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.