Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S CDMA or GSM, 6,2 or 6,1 ?

Hi,

Well I've identified my iPhone as GSM, being A1457 according to Appple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

Model number on the back cover:

• A1533 or A1457 or A1530: iPhone 5s (GSM model)
  • A1533 or A1453: iPhone 5s (CDMA model)
  • A1518 or A1528 or A1530: iPhone 5s (GSM model China)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

Since I have a 8G/month connection, I was going to download the IPSW file to install on my iPhone and since it's a GSM, I would need to install the iPhone6,1_8.3_12F70_Restore.ipsw, according to OSXDaily, but here comes my doubt. When I've upgraded from iOS7 to iOS8, I've downloaded the IPSW from a different site where there was the link to download a 5S IPSW and it wasn't written whether it was a GSM or CDMA, so I did that upgrade, but checking my backup files on another disk, I've noticed that the file for iOS8 was called iPhone6,2_8.0.....

So, basically, have I installed CDMA 6,2 over GSM 6,1 and now I need to update with GSM 6,1?

I'm pretty confused here.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, 16GB Gold

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 4:22 PM

5 replies

iPhone 5S CDMA or GSM, 6,2 or 6,1 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.