Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you eject your iOS device from photos? Right clicking does not bring up the menu.

I noticed there is no intuitive way to eject the iOS device from Photos. No up arrow, and right clicking does not bring up an eject option. I do not want to enlarge the "other" space of my iOS device by not ejecting it properly.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 5:08 PM

11 replies

Apr 22, 2015 5:43 AM in response to itpw

I too have noticed this. Yesterday after downloading photos from my iPhone 5s to Mac Photos for the first time since iOS and OSX updates on the weekend. I do not have the option to sync this phone to iTunes when connected ticked so only Photos opens. After download I wanted to eject the phone but noted no eject arrow in Photos, I went to a new Finder window and was surprised to see the phone was not listed under Devices so I had to launch iTunes and allow a sync to complete before I could eject. This is plainly not right, the industry and Apple themselves tell us constantly that we must "Eject" before removal of a USB device. If not one usually gets a dialogue box to say the device was not properly ejected.

Apr 21, 2015 8:55 PM in response to ndcuong

As MorrisSoak mentioned, recently there was an update that would allow one to use photos you're synced. You should be able to find them by tapping the "Photos" icon on your Dock. The capability occurs when you're syncing with the new update for the first time.

I don't recall having to "eject" any devices. After you're finished syncing, just unplug your device.

How do you eject your iOS device from photos? Right clicking does not bring up the menu.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.