Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Problems after Updating iPad and iPhone to iOS 8.3

I recently updated both my iPad and iPhone to iOS 8.3. On my iPad I am now unable to connect any devices using Bluetooth (3 in total) which were recognised and working perfectly well before the upgrade (from iOS 7) and on my iPhone only 2 out of the 3 devices will connect.

I can see that many other users are having the same problems so I assume that this is an OS problem.

Can anyone help please.

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 2:34 AM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2015 4:19 AM in response to Freya's Grandad

I'm having a similar issue with all my Bose devices, my UE BOOM and my Toyota Highlander 2014.

With my Bose Bluetooth headphones my iPhone 6 pairs but now it disconnects often and I have to reboot the iPhone to get it to work again.

With my Bose Mini Sound Mini Link it pairs via Bluetooth but it won't play. It shows the music playing on the iPhone but no sound on the Bose even though both devices show as being paired.

The same thing happens with my UE BOOM in my office.

With My Toyota Highlander 2014 it pairs but now when I take a phone call while listening to music the music no longer stops playing so i have a phone call and music at the same time. this is a random issue. It doesn't happen with every phone call.

this started happening immediately after upgrading iOS to 8.3.

Apr 24, 2015 7:47 AM in response to Freya's Grandad

My problem involves different bluetooth devices but is almost identical to those reported in discussions here. The issue is reproducible and currently involves a Wahoo! BlueHR bluetooth fitness heart rate monitor (model HRMBLE or "WFBTHR01").The Plantronics stereo headset is the new PLT_BBFIT (as shown in bluetooth settings).

Hardware: iPhone 5S

operating system: iOS 8.3

Symptom: Plantronics works normally at the outset and plays music without issue. Within about three minutes I hear a voice say "not connected" from the Plantronics headset and the bluetooth looses its pairing. The exact same symptom occurs with the BlueHR heartrate monitor when paired to the MapMyFitness app. The App drops the little icon that usually shows up when the chest strap is in use.

It's perfectly valid, even helpful, to post the problem here on the discussions. It's probably a little better if you also post these symptoms, with as much specifics as possible, to the bug report interface at Apple: here (https://bugreport.apple.com/problem/viewproblem)

--Athonia

Jun 9, 2015 10:23 AM in response to WomenRuleTheWorld

After going through Apple Bluetooth **** for a week, because of the 8.3 update, which included a time wasting trip to theGenius Bar,

I discovered the FIX for bluetooth connectivity issues.

TURN OFF the HANDOFF option under General Settings.

This fixes the pairing issues with car BT device pairing, quickly and easily.

This is only for linking their overpriced watch to your Apple device, but won't allow pairing on many other BT devices.

This info was found on an obscure automotive Tech site.

The Geniuses at Apple didn't know, or want to pass this info on, as their main goal is to sell overpriced hardware!

Bluetooth Problems after Updating iPad and iPhone to iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.