Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

After i updatet to Yosmemite 10.10.3 i cant open Iphoto Application, it yust tels me that i need to update it from mac app store, but in the store there is no Iphoto..

Anyone ?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 3:13 AM

27 replies

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Johannes666

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Apr 23, 2015 11:56 PM in response to Johannes666

I had the same problem, worse - I can't import photos from my camera since upgrading to 10.10.3.

The good news is that I have found iPhoto lurking under PICTURES and now re-named as PHOTO LIBRARY. I opened it and there it was in the old format. All my photos were there too. The bad news is it still won't recognise the jpg files on my camera!!!

Oct 6, 2015 4:18 PM in response to Yer_Man

Greetings Terence!

After I upgraded to El Capitan this evening, the iPhoto was asking to be upgraded, only for the App Store to say 'Temporarily unavailable'. This was fixed by your suggestion of trashing the iPhoto app only, and installing it from the Purchases tab. iPhoto 9.6.1 installed successfully but now when I open it, the rainbow wheel spins for a while and says the iPhoto Library is being used by 'mbfloagent' and asks me to quit mbfloagent. Is this too bad?

If this is too bad, then I'll need to restore from my Mavericks backup, taken last night. I was never on Yosemite, if it helps.

Thanks!

Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.