Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I restore phone from icloud on an earlier IOS (8.2) on my new iphone 6 thats on ios 8.3?

My old phone got destroyed a couple days ago so replaced it with a new one today but I cant restore it from a recent icloud back up as it says its from 8.2 where as my new phones 8.3? any advice on how to do it seeing as I cant downgrade to IOS 8.2.

thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 3:40 AM

9 replies

Apr 15, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Phil0124

they were just not highlighted (grey as opposed to black which were the ones I could use) and I wasnt able to click on them to restore - it did say something about unable to restore due to being from an older IOS (or maybe device I cant 100% remember and it was an iphone 5).

I could restore from an earlier IOS from a hard back up on my computer - just not from icloud

how can I restore phone from icloud on an earlier IOS (8.2) on my new iphone 6 thats on ios 8.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.