Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't i ever book a genius bar appointment?

Everytime I try to book a genius bar appointment it says there are no reservations available. WHY! It's so annoying!! I don't want to lug my laptop all the way to the apple store only to be told I can't be seen by anyone. What's the point in having the option to book a genius bar appointment when I can't! I tried in Naples Florida when I was visiting there and now in Leeds, this is ridiculous.

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 9:11 AM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2015 1:55 PM in response to alicevera

alice

I'm sorry to hear that your local Genius Bar in Leeds (UK? not Alabama,US) is so busy - must be very busy as the Web System I used to test was kind of 'abrupt' with its Alert, informing me "There are no reservations available at this time." {paraphrased?}

I am not one to be defeated so easily, however.

If I were to take my portable Mac to the nearest Apple Store here in Dallas, TX-US, I could drive there in about 22 minutes. I realize that folks in the UK may not even own a car, relying on the UK's robust Public Transportation System. If I were to take transit system to the same location, it would take me between 1.5 & 2 hours! Ours is not as evolved as yours, alas.

So, if you were to try the next nearest location to Leeds - Sheffield - you could drive there in <35 minutes. If you were to take the train, ±40 minutes -1 hour == BETTER than my trip, so I'll post my results...

Sheffield Apple Store Genius Bar available reservations

User uploaded file

Sample Train Schedule for Friday, April 17, 2015 (earliest Wed, the 15th but better hurry)

User uploaded file

⬆ click/tap EITHER for full size ⬆

best luck

ÇÇÇ

Why can't i ever book a genius bar appointment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.