Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite cannot boot (Freezes) even with Clean Install

Macbook Pro 15" was normal in the normal, but I updated Samsung Kies and it told me the restart, after that I cannot boot up Yosemite 10.10.2 at all

What I've done:

1. I can access Target Mode with my iMac, copied my files with no problem. I used my imac to verify both MBP HDD and Bootcamp and even try repairing, it showed that there was no fault at MBP in the first place.
2. I can enter Safe Mode, I tried updating the OSX to 10.10.3 and still does not work

3. Bootcamp windows got bluescreen, removed it still doesn't help.

4. I tried install a Clean Install, and still doesn't work, (Installed through SD Card)

5. It seems now I can only do ie., continue my update, continue my new install through safe mode ONLY

I never turned on Filevault in the first place.

At this point I'm not so sure, if I can still access through Target Mode, hopefully it should mean that my hard disk isn't broken.

I am out of ideas... please help

Ps. at normal Start up from the progress bar sometimes the screen stutters and showed me a pixelated screen and then switched back to the progress bar after a minute the loading circle appears and the looping appeared overlapped and thickens

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 8:54 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 10:54 AM in response to Eric Root

status updates,

I tried doing a clean install on a brand new ssd, and the same result still lingers, furthermore I can only continue to complete my installation in safe mode, a normal boot up will give me the same result. I tried doing a hardware check and nothing seems to be the problem. But the mosaic screen still happens.

currently I am doing the internet recovery, it's trying to install Lion, we'll see what happens...

Yosemite cannot boot (Freezes) even with Clean Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.