Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with the Headset SBH80 of Sony

With OS X Yosemite ver 10.10.3 (14D131) The Headset SBH80 of Sony distorted like speakers being played too loudly or blown out, but this distortion is present at all volumes levels with the headset. The problem is less present when someone speaks softly.

Someone has the same problem?

In the same form this Headset has problem with other devices of Apple like iPhone 6 iOS8.3 and Mini iPad2.

When I connected it with other devices different of Apple sound great without problem. Only with Apple's devices has the problem, why?

Thanks a lot.

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 10:32 AM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2015 2:49 AM in response to JjCp

I am having similar problem. It works fine otherwise with music and other stuff but only when I go on a Lync call, the sound becomes choppy and bad. Have tried everything on the discussion forums including experimenting with the values in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent.plist

The current values are as listed below:

Terminal Command--> defaults read com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent

{

"Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" = 80;

"Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" = 56;

"Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" = 40;

"Negotiated Bitpool" = 40;

"Negotiated Bitpool Max" = 58;

"Negotiated Bitpool Min" = 2;

"Stream - Flush Ring on Packet Drop (editable)" = 0;

"Stream - Max Outstanding Packets (editable)" = 30;

"Stream Resume Delay" = ".75";

}

Oct 11, 2015 10:43 PM in response to @viral

Recently discovered (by Option clicking the bluetooth icon in toolbar and then hovering on SBH80) that the device uses aptX as the codec but the moment a Lync call is initiated, the codec changes to SCO and the sound becomes choppy. Same happens when I click on the "input" tab in sound preferences while listening to music. So when I play iTune music, the active codec shows aptX and the sound is awesome but when I open sound preferences and click on "Input" tab, the active codec changes to SCO and the sound quality suddenly drops. See the screenshots below showing the active codecs when different tabs are selected in "Sound Preferences".

INPUT TAB SELECTED:

User uploaded file

ANY OTHER TAB SELECTED:

User uploaded file

Problems with the Headset SBH80 of Sony

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.