Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing songs

I am missing several songs from an album I bought at Itunes. In my list of songs all the titles were duplicating themselves which confused me and I may have trashed them. How can I get them back? Thanks for any help.

I am using MacBook Pro with OSX Yosemite 10.10.3.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 10:40 AM

4 replies

Apr 14, 2015 8:45 PM in response to Limnos

Well....here's what happened: I clicked on the link you gave me and it took me to a page to re-download past purchases. It did not mention re-downloading to the Mac; it mentioned only the iphone, ipod, and ipad. So..I went to the Store, as it instructed. There was no Download icon. Confused, I clicked around, ended up in iTunes. I went to my purchased music, clicked on the album that was suppose to contain the missing songs and clicked Download. It downloaded alright--and i am pretty sure it cost me another $15.00. Have spent hours on this one small issue and screwed it up. This is me on a Mac. I Hate it!

Apr 15, 2015 5:58 PM in response to snailspace1

If you scroll down the web page about halfway you get to "Download previous purchases on Mac or PC "

Is/was there still an entry under iTunes for the purchase or was it completely gone from iTunes? If there is a dead link you have to delete that too for un-downloaded purchases to show.

If you are using the same AppleID for which you purchased the album originally it should re-download without charging you again. However, the re-download policy is a convenience and not a replacement for a proper backup of a computer. I personally would not trust it. If an item gets pulled by a distributor, or re-classified as a different item, a re-download is not guaranteed without repurchase.

Apr 15, 2015 5:58 PM in response to Limnos

OMG! I just didn't continue down the page far enough. Gawd! Old Grannies shouldn't even try sometimes, I guess. Anyway, I bookmarked the page in case I lose something else, and I thank you very much, Limnos, for your kind help. Incidentally, the link was still there. It was reduced in size. I guess that's because I had lost so many of the songs. Next time I'll get it right. Thanks again. 😝

missing songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.