Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The free space for my iphone on itunes does not match the free space on my iphone after syncing.

The free space for my iphone on itunes does not match the free space on my iphone after syncing. iTunes shows 6.7 G free, but my iphone shows 6 G free. Why such a delta?

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 9:42 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2015 12:39 PM in response to jasperjasley

They've never sussed this out - been a problem the last year or two for me regardless of all the new iOS versions and iTunes versions. Regardless of multiple resets and full restores. Mine showed 3.7 avail on computer, less than .5 on phone. I did a reset and full restore. It helped - but still differs dramatically - now showing 5.8 avail on computer but only 2.9 on phone.

APPLE!!! I have spent 10s of thousands on your products both at my business and home - why? "Because it just works" I've been telling people. Not sure if I can keep on saying that if you don't get this figured out!!

Jul 26, 2015 4:30 AM in response to jasperjasley

so I think I solved the problem. iTunes only displays data used by apps and stuff. it does not include settings related stuff so far I can see this.

also iOS does not display this kind of data, but adds it up to the total used / free space.

So what I figured out while browsing all the settings is, icloud drive was turned on on my iPhone, although I dont use it. it holds data of so many apps. this released all the space that was causing the delta. also the number calculated by iOS and iTunes match up.

hope this helps some of you 😉

The free space for my iphone on itunes does not match the free space on my iphone after syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.