Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5.2 PSDs colors washed out

Hello,

I stated my Motion 5 Project two weeks ago and integrated PSD files (CC 2014) on my timeline.

Now I updated to the latest version 5.2 and all of a sudden my preview (stage) window of my project displays washed out colors.

When I export my project with compressor all the colors are back to normal so something is not right within the motion preview stage.

Setting the render mode to high quality doesn't change anything either (have it usually set to normal).

Does anybody have some tipps for me or is this part of the "enhanced" GPU acceleration?

I'm using early 2011 MacBook Pro 17" with an AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1024 MB) and Mac OS 10.10.3.

with kind regards

Daniel

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.0.x), i7 2,2GHz Quad, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Update:

I observed the following:

The color change doesn't happen if I use a TIFF or JPG file, only when using a PSD file Motion displays the colors washed out.

I switched to a MacPro with a different AMD graphic card and on this Mac (latest OS and latest Motion also) the PSD file looks exactly the way it is supposed to look.

So I'm really wondering if the problem lies within the GPU acceleration for my specific graphic card.

Here is a screenshot of my problem on my MacBook Pro. The left blue box shows the PSD file within Photoshop, the right blue box is the same PSD imported into Motion and displayed way too bright:

User uploaded file

with kind regards

Daniel

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Daniel Drogies

Update:

I observed the following:

The color change doesn't happen if I use a TIFF or JPG file, only when using a PSD file Motion displays the colors washed out.

I switched to a MacPro with a different AMD graphic card and on this Mac (latest OS and latest Motion also) the PSD file looks exactly the way it is supposed to look.

So I'm really wondering if the problem lies within the GPU acceleration for my specific graphic card.

Here is a screenshot of my problem on my MacBook Pro. The left blue box shows the PSD file within Photoshop, the right blue box is the same PSD imported into Motion and displayed way too bright:

User uploaded file

with kind regards

Daniel

Apr 22, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Eric Saar

OK, After reading the posts above and having the exact same problem and posting my screen shot. I did more digging and experimenting. I went back to my linked PSD file, made sure that it was set up in RGB color mode. I then went up to Image > Mode > CMYK color. This then forces the file to that color mode, I then went back and did the same procedure but this time I took it back to RGB color. Then saved the PSD file, and Amen, that was the fix! When I saved the PSD it updated my Motion file and the colors were back to the correct blue.User uploaded file

Apr 27, 2015 8:18 AM in response to Daniel Drogies

i'd update my post on LinkedIn, but not here...

i spoke too soon.. it had resolved the issue for flat PSD's in older projects, but i am still having the issue importing layered PSD's w the profile embedded.

overall i'm having some color issues; there seems to be a discrepancy between the Motion color picker and the Apple System color picker that pops up if you click the color well... also my client has sent brand standards, but the colors don't 'pick' the same as the hex codes they have typed beside them in the doc. in ILL or PS.

Motion 5.2 PSDs colors washed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.