Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was not able to type pipe symbol (vertical bar) using my Mac keyboard [ shift \ ] in OS X Yosemite. Kindly help me to resolve this.

I was not able to type pipe symbol (vertical bar) using my Mac keyboard [ shift \ ] in OS X Yosemite. Kindly help me to resolve this.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 11:23 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 12:00 PM in response to sivathanu_k

Greetings sivathanu_k,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are unable to type a particular character on your MacBook Pro built in keyboard as you would expect. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the information and troubleshooting outlined in the attached article.

One or more keys on the keyboard do not respond - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Apr 17, 2015 12:06 PM in response to sivathanu_k

How is the keyboard layout setup? See step 9 of the document that was linked earlier…

One or more keys on the keyboard do not respond - Apple Support

Confirm the layout is the correct language for your keyboard. Also consider using recovery mode just to confirm that the keyboard is functioning. The document describes using the install DVD, but this is superseded by recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.