Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot password mac mini 2007

I have a Mac Mini off 2007 but I have forgot the password.

It`s the password you put in when you are deleting an item,and it requires your password to delete it.

Thanks in Advance

Kettle4

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mac Mini 2007

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 10:32 AM

OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

4 replies

Apr 15, 2015 10:44 AM in response to lllaass

Finder requires password for deleting files,but it also want`s the old password.

I am sorry I am not technically minded.

I don`t use it a lot,but it`s annoying that I have forgetting it,and I have typed it in that many times

you think I would know it.

I am 67 yrs old,and I can`t lap my head around what you do.

Somebody said reformat it,but I don`t know how you do that,plus I would loose

Photoshop if I did that.

Kettle4

Apr 16, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Kettle4

You need to use the instructions in the link under the topic "

Resetting a password without an additional account"

Since you do not have another administrator account to sign into. You start by :

Start up from a Mac OS X Install disc (one whose version is closest to the version of Mac OS X installed). Usually, you can start from the disc by putting it in your computer, restarting, and holding the C key. Or, put it in the computer and click the Install or Restore icon you see in the disc's main window (after which the computer will start from the disc without you needing to hold C). Or, you can use Startup Manager or the Startup Disk preference pane to select the Install disc.

Apr 16, 2015 11:46 AM in response to lllaass

With great respect Illaass you have went out of your way to help me,

I have read the latest reply from you but I am to thick to understand it.

I have evan done a search from Google,and I am not the only one with this problem.

I typed in "Finder requires Password",and you would be amazed how many people are having trouble with this issue.

If you were standing behind me with you telling me what to do my problem would be solved.

Again thanks for spending your time to help me.

Kettle4

Forgot password mac mini 2007

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.