Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app can't add emergency contact

I Have an iPhone 6 plus iOS 8.2. I can't add my emergency contact in the medical ID section of the health app. I click on "add emergency contact" and it sends me to my contacts. After clicking on the name it either throws me out of the app or nothing happens. Is

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 7:05 AM

I had the similar issue until I realized that you have to select a specific phone number within the contact to add the emergency contact within the health application. Sure would make more sense for Apple to call it "emergency number" rather than "emergency contact" - because it is the number you need to select!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2015 7:05 AM in response to jade5211

I had the similar issue until I realized that you have to select a specific phone number within the contact to add the emergency contact within the health application. Sure would make more sense for Apple to call it "emergency number" rather than "emergency contact" - because it is the number you need to select!

Health app can't add emergency contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.