Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Graphics Card and Bluetooth on Mid 2010 27" iMac, i7 11,3

On my iMac I have an ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB, along with 24GB ram. Out of curiosity, out on our "trusty" web where there has been success in the following:

1. Installing an upgraded graphics with a 2GB model from the 2011 iMac

2. Upgrading with bluetooth 4.0 module from later iMacs to assist with the handshake and airdrop

This support group has helped me in hundreds of ways and I value everyone's response. If these things are possible I would love to look into it. These upgrades would actually meet all my needs for using my iMac. I really don't need anything else OR anything newer if this is possible. I enjoy a little tinkering here and there.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 1:32 PM

9 replies

Apr 14, 2015 2:24 PM in response to Kappy

yeah, already have, that's why I wanted to jump on here to see if anyone knows anything more. I've been lucky enough to be greeted with many folks who have done a lot of work on their own iMacs here and wanted to ask my additional questions.

Also looked into the following links in case anyone thought I was the only crazy one 8^}

Upgrade iMac 27" late 2009 video card?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1428498

Upgrading Graphics Card and Bluetooth on Mid 2010 27" iMac, i7 11,3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.