Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple calendars don't sync Macbook to iPhone 5

Running OSX Yosemite (that also keeps crashing my computer on sleep, whole other story) 10.10.1 on a 13"MacBook with a 2.26G Intel Core 2 Dual processor and 8g Memory and (this also happened once on Mountain Lion...) an iPhone 5 running IOS 8.3

I don't use icloud, I always sync via usb and they never had an issue, both talked nicely to each other and swapped info happily.

Failed fixes so far:

I changed my iPhone setting to sync 6 months back, no change.

Synced Mac to iPhone, overriding iPhone data, well, it just deleted everything, including calendars I already had and left me with two inbuilt calendars subscribed holidays and birthdays.

This is sooooo frustrating......help

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 3:04 PM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 5:17 PM in response to fyreinthehead

I have updated Yosemite to 10.10.3 and created an icloud login and it syncs two calendars out of six from Macbook to iPhone, of course the two least important ones......

This makes no sense as they are both Apple hardware and software.

Over 5 hours of chat time with Apple experts including remote login to my Macbook, no solutions.......I have a genius bar booked for Monday, so i'm hoping that this will be fixed then.

May 7, 2015 8:45 AM in response to fyreinthehead

Ok, I'm back in business. Not sure what happened or how it happened, but I can sync my MacBook and my iPhone 4S via USB again. I signed out of iCloud on my MacBook and tried to sync using iTunes. I encountered errors that iTunes couldn't sync with iPhone because it had been disconnected. So I signed back onto iCloud on my MacBook, restarted iPhone, restarted MacBook, and it worked! Accidental, but I'll take it!

Apple calendars don't sync Macbook to iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.