Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone explain HomeKit please?

I read that homekit is suppose to be a feature of the OS where it allows you to interface with any hardware that is homekit compatible (as opposed to using many apps to control many things).

Ok all makes sense. But where is the homekit app?

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 2:12 PM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2015 5:45 PM in response to Kappy

I agree with the post above.....I'm trying to connect another users phone in my house to home kit and the instructions or lack there of is concerning. Everything says connect with HomeKit, the whole reason I purchased specific hardware was home kit. but this is not working. My appleTv should be the central hub, but its really only good for getting sports scores. "siri, Set "Family Room TV" off" I'm sorry I don't understand what you want.

all my stuff is logged into the same iCloud account. I invited my son to my family on iCloud and he accepted. he download the apps for the home kit enabled apps and they wanted him to pair with the hub again. So we did and then it errors stating that someone (me) has already paired with the hub and I need to share my settings.....GREAT I'd love to, but how. Wheres's the typical apple UI direction? I've spent LOTS of money on hardware that is home kit enabled and so far I'm not impressed. I've ready the same documentation which is great if were developing hardware or apps for home kit, but not really informative on command examples for the user and how to set up home kit in a home that has more than one person living in it.

Can someone explain HomeKit please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.