Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange orange "hypercolor" look to all video after FCPX 10.2 update

I just installed the new 10.2 update on my work iMac as well as my home Mac Pro (2010 6-core with Nvidia 680 upgraded graphics card).

On my work iMac it's fine, on my Mac pro all the video in the events viewer, timeline and import preview window has changed into a weird two-tone orange "hypercolor" (90's t-shirt) look. See attached screenshot. The rest of the thumbnails look fine, but when I scrub through it does this weird effect and if I try and play anything back it corrupts the video too.

Is anyone experiencing a similar issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've tried creating a new library, restarting, etc. It doesn't seem to be a caching issue. Possibly a video card issue with the new version?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 6 core, 24GB, Nvidia 680 GPU,

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 4:13 PM

23 replies

Apr 18, 2015 3:48 PM in response to jonathanwlang

As an update, I've tried every video file format I can find. All do the same thing. I've deleted FCPX preferences with no affect. I've tried using the latest Nvidia driver, and then a couple of days ago Apple released their own driver update so I've tried that.I've deleted the entire application and re-installed. Still the same issue which means that FCPX is unable now. 😟

Any other ideas?

Apr 27, 2015 5:57 AM in response to jonathanwlang

I had this problem last week, and fixed it by dragging FCP 10.2 from my iMac to my external display, and then back.

The problem reoccured this morning, and I couldn't replicate the fix. I reported via 'Final Cut Pro > Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...', and then telephoned my local Apple Store.

Applecare support got me to try another user (no problem there), and then fixed the issue on the original user account by reverting the colour profile of the iMac to the default Apple 'iMac' profile. The issue persists on my secondary display which is colour profiled via an 'x-rite i1Display' and 'i1Profiler'.

There appears to be a clash between Final Cut Pro 10.2 and certain monitor colour profiles. I did colour profile both the iMac and external monitor today.

I hope to be able to work with a colour profiled monitor again, but for now am glad I can at least view my work in FCPX 10.2 without blacks being orange and whites being blue.

Apr 28, 2015 3:04 AM in response to jonathanwlang

I can confirm that it was the colour profile causing the issue. Thanks "therug". Switching back to the default (very warm) profile fixes the issue.

I've had a member from Apple's pro apps in contact with me over the past few days checking in one the issue (which was great to see Apple's keen to sort out these issues). He asked for the colour profiles of my monitors which I've now sent through.

Hopefully that will help at their end identify whatever the issue is!

Strange orange "hypercolor" look to all video after FCPX 10.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.