Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to share to a master file and mp4 exporting only partial audio - final cut 10.2

When I try to export/share my project as a master file (.mov/h.264) it gets to 100% and then there is no movie file present in the location I "shared" the file too. I tried saving to my desktop twice and also to the Movies folder. It looks like it's creating a file (a temp file shows up on the screen), but then when it gets to 100% the file is not there and Quicktime Player does not open either.

I tried to export as an mp4 (using a previously setup Compressor sharing setting). It only exported the first 7 seconds of the audio and no video. I've never had any of these issues prior to upgrading.

I also am experiencing the "black" frames from Panasonic AVCHD files in 10.2 as others have mentioned in this forum. This is awful. Apple, please roll out patches quickly. I have projects of a time sensitive nature to get finished!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 3:15 PM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2015 10:50 AM in response to arob83

The do nothing option was selected.

IVe ice discovered the problem is this avchd incopatsbility issue. I had transcoded the clips and they were playing ok in the timeline. I had to remove a very short one though and this has allowed me to finish the project.

IM really thinking it will be better to roll back to the old version. I use avchd in one of my cams on every shoot and have no option. I don't need the extra hassle and can live without 3d titles!!

NEver had had an issue like this before. I shoot 25p and that's the issue it seems.

Apr 26, 2015 2:10 PM in response to podman1975

podman1975 wrote:

The do nothing option was selected.

IVe ice discovered the problem is this avchd incopatsbility issue. I had transcoded the clips and they were playing ok in the timeline. I had to remove a very short one though and this has allowed me to finish the project.

IM really thinking it will be better to roll back to the old version. I use avchd in one of my cams on every shoot and have no option. I don't need the extra hassle and can live without 3d titles!!

NEver had had an issue like this before. I shoot 25p and that's the issue it seems.

It looks to me that there is a problem with a particular clip - nothing to do with any particular version of the software. Clips sometime get corrupted.

There is no "avchd incompatibility issue" per se, or rather the one issue that has appeared is that avchd *from specific cameras* sometimes appears as black - a different issue altogether. Besides, you said you had transcoded so you were not using avchd to edit or export.

Apr 26, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

YYes clips do sometimes get corrupted Louis. Strange why it was cometely fine before the 10.2 upgrade though. I also now have to convert all the footage from that camera to pro res in compressor which adds to my workload and file sizes. I find it hard to stomach that Apple never thought of such a major factor when designing the new version. It's not as if avchd is an uncommon format.

hopefully a fully a patch will be released shortly which will fix this.

not able to share to a master file and mp4 exporting only partial audio - final cut 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.