Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my messages still be there and will I still be logged into apps if I restart a new phone from a backup of my old phone?

If I backup my current phone, then get a new phone and start it from that backup, will my messageing apps, such as kik or IMessage, keep the messages that I have? Or will they be deleted? And if I am logged into apps such as GMail or Twitter, (or kik) will they be logged out? Or saved

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 5:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2015 8:24 PM in response to Cmgrant303

I can only answer a part of your question. Text messages (including iMessages and SMS messages) are saved in a backup. So yes, if you restore your new phone from the old backup, it will transfer your SMS/iMessages. I do not use kik. As far as logging you out, I'm not sure because I always log out of accounts when I'm done, but why even worry about that? If it's logged out, it's not a problem to log back in.

Will my messages still be there and will I still be logged into apps if I restart a new phone from a backup of my old phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.